The objectives of the Council are to:
- > To represent the collective interests of members through the preservation of the rights and privileges of licensed firearms users and collectors, promote responsible gun ownership and act as a central reference point for Government, Police, and the media.
- > To be recognised as the collective organisation whose views and opinions on firearms legislation and related matters are considered representative, authoritive and responsible.
- > To affiliate firearms user groups and firearms related organisations which are supportive of the first objective and which collectively seek to advance that object.
- > To undertake such actions, research, and inquiries that are necessary to achieve the first objective.
- > To prepare and disseminate any information that would enhance the well-being, rights and obligations of members.
Join COLFO today!
Become part of the largest voluntary shooting-related
organisation in New Zealand.
IN THE NEWS